Dr. Amy Lewis
Amy B. Lewis, M.D., graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania. She then received her Medical Degree, with highest honors, from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Lewis moved to the New York area for a medical internship at Cornell/New York Hospital, and completed her Dermatology residency at the State University of New York Health and Science Center in Brooklyn where she acted as Chief Resident. She returned to Yale for a fellowship in Dermatological Laser and Reconstructive Surgery. After completing this specialized training, Dr. Lewis began working in private practice, while also performing several clinical studies pioneering Dermatological lasers at the Washington Institute for Dermatological Laser Surgery. She then settled in Manhattan, where she has built a premier private practice specializing in Cosmetic and Laser dermatology. In the summer of 2005, Dr. Lewis founded a Yale Cosmetic Dermatology Division within the Dermatologic Surgery Department. She is now a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Lewis is often quoted or featured in the media, both on television and in popular magazines. She lectures frequently at academic meetings and has numerous publications in her specialty.
Dr Lewis is a Certified Yoga Instructor, registered with the National Yoga Alliance. She believes that taking care of oneself is a full body challenge requiring mind/body and, of course, skin awareness.
Dr. Lewis is also a nationally renowned medical expert and consultant in the field of cosmetic dermatology. She has been chosen for myriad medical boards and publications, including:
- Numerous segments on national television concerning sun damage, sun protection and safe tanning, laser treatments, Botox, and other cosmetic procedures.
- Certification of Amy B. Lewis, M.D., P.C. as an approved National Training Center for the NEF (National Education Foundation) to educate and precept physicians on the correct aesthetic administration of Botox-Cosmetic.
- Serving as one of four physicians chosen by Allergan for theBotox NEF Advisory Board, which evaluates applications for membership in the NEF teaching faculty in the U.S. (2005-present).
- Certified Trainer for injectables: Sculptra, Restylane, Perlane, etc.
- Consultant for Kiehls, Canderm Pharma, IS Clinical Innovative Skin Care, Helena Rubenstein, Orlan, Hill Dermaceuticals Inc., Medicis, Neutrogena, Guthy-Renker, L’Oreal / La Roche Posay, and Unilever, Garnier Nutritioniste, and more.
- Featured in National Television Commercial for Botox Cosmetic as a prominent woman dermatologist in the U.S.
- Author of chapter “Laser Resurfacing in the Periocular Region” in the textbook Atlas of Aesthetic Eyelid and Periocular Surgery. (Philadelphia: Saunders; November 21, 2003).
- Founder of the Cosmetic Dermatology Clinic at Yale Dermatologic Surgery, a practice of the Yale Medical Group.
- Author of chapter “Alpha Hydroxy Acids” in the new edition of Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy. (Philadelphia: Saunders; March 8, 2007).
- Presenting a Video News Release for Alyria Skin Care that introduced Canadian technology in anti-aging to the United States (filmed August 2005; aired 2006).
- Serving on the Kiehls Advisory Board, an eight physician advisory board for the launch of new anti-aging products and development of future products. (2005 – present).
- Featured National Dermatology Expert for the Unilever (by Vaseline Intensive Care) web and magazine marketing campaign launched in 2006.
- Expert dermatologist quoted in Wall Street Journal (05/05), New York Times Styles (08/05), and many more!
- Didactic instruction and training of Dermatology Residents on the correct injection technique for Restylane for the Einstein Medical Center and the Downstate Medical Center.
- Nominated for Women of the Year by the governing Board of Editors of the American Biographical Institute, 2003 – 2005.
- Nominated for America’s Top Doctors, 2003 – 2012.
- Established lifetime member of “Who’s Who.”
- Speaker for the “Live Patient Demonstration: Botulinum Toxin & Fillers” at the AAD Summer Academy Meeting in August 2011.
Next, read about Dr. Flor A. Mayoral